March 24 & 25, 2017 – EMDA’s Spring Management Workshop at the Andaz Savannah hotel.
The EMDA Spring Management Workshop offers a unique venue for members to learn from others who share a commonality of purpose, operations, problems and goals . . . all in a much more relaxed atmosphere than that of the annual Fall Convention. Gain valuable insight from other association members in a relaxed and enjoyable environment where attendees and their families will create great memories and lasting friendships.
Past meeting participants have consistently rated the knowledge gained from peer interaction as one of the most valuable lessons learned during the Spring Management Workshop. The aim of the EMDA Spring Workshop is to provide another step towards the insight and preparation necessary to make the most of the coming year.
Plus – Surrounded by the charm of the Savannah Historic District, the Andaz Savannah offers a chic urban vibe, artful style, and warm Southern hospitality. The contemporary boutique hotel offers everything you need – beautifully modern rooms and suites, luxury lifestyle amenities and stellar service. It all starts the moment you walk in, when you’re greeted with a welcome beverage from the exceptional staff.
With its pedestrian-friendly layout and innovative urban design, the city of Savannah inspires visitors with its emerald tree canopy, quaint cobblestone streets and majestic architecture. Take the time to wander off the beaten path and experience the history, beauty and charm of this beloved coastal city.
As in past years, while time is scheduled for leisure activities, the primary focus of the EMDA Spring Management Workshop remains helping reps and distributors focus on sharpening their skills. Learning from ones peers is always cited as a top benefit of attendance. The EMDA Board is beginning to put together the agenda for the meeting and welcomes suggestions.
2017 Meeting Agenda
As speakers and presenters are confirmed, they will be added to the agenda overview below.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Board Meeting
- Welcome Reception for all attendees
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Member Breakfast
- Milton King, Supervisory Agriculture Specialist, Department of Homeland Security, Port of Savannah, GA will speak about security issues affecting our industry: customs issues with imports, biosecurity, port issues, etc.
- Member on Display: Jerry Nettles, Short Line Sales, Memphis, TN
- Special EMDA Scholarship Committee report
- Reception & Dinner for all attendees
Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Member Breakfast
- Estate Planning Basics – Don’t Be Afraid to Ask! Gerry Beyer, Governor Preston E. Smith Regents Professor of Law, Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX
- Education Resources for Sales People – Liz Beerman, CSP, Executive Director, MRERF, Arvada, CO
- Closing Reception for all attendees